O’Fallon Bowed Wall Repair
Bulging or bowing cellar walls are somewhat more common than many homeowners believe. Luckily, bowed wall repair is fast and simply without having to replace the whole wall. The truth is, they present a minimal risk to your property and can repaired with mobile gear in a single day.
Reasons for Bowed Walls
There are a number of variables that bring about the status of your cellar walls. The most frequent include:
- Hydrostatic Pressure
- Improper Waterproofing Setups
- Contractors with little expertise can wind up causing more damage than good.
- Inferior Drainage
Bowed Wall Repair Options
The number one go to option for fixing bowed walls are wall plate anchors. Popular among engineers and US constructing authorities, they may be easy to set up, affordable and capable of securing cellar walls. Anchors take up less space than other systems and may be painted to coordinate with the look of your cellar.
Installing a wall plate anchor is an easy procedure which can be carried out in 4 steps:
- Sod must be eliminated to ready the cellar
- A drill or auger is utilized to bore a little hole in the cellar along with the anchor is added
- A pole is connected to the anchor
- A steel wall plate is connected to the pole
Although installing a plate anchor looks simple enough to do at home, it’s a good idea to get in touch with an expert to get the task finished right.
Call O’Fallon Foundation Repair Services today for a free estimate: (636) 352-1230
<< Back to Topic Foundation Repair